Development Facilitation Service
All development approvals in Knox are subject to a statutory process which we endeavour to deliver as promptly as possible. Our performance is strong, with recent figures showing that Knox determined 87 percent of application during 2008-09 within the 60 day statutory timeframe - the highest result for any Melbourne council, and well above the metropolitan average of 60 percent.
On occasions though, a 'helping hand' can be of benefit, so in offering this service we try to 'stand in your shoes' and understand what you might need, to determine how best to assist you. This service becomes your business and investment 'front door' to Council, where you can be assured of prompt, professional attention and accurate assistance as your proposal progresses through its statutory requirements.
This service is available for significant development projects and includes:
- Appointment of a 'case manager'
- Assistance with site selection
- Setting up of pre-application advisory roundtables
- Coordination of advice from council officers
- Brokered liaison with other government agencies and utilities
- Application monitoring and progress reporting
- Continuing contact and investment ‘aftercare’
For more details on this service, please contact:
Economic Development Telephone 9298 8000