Entries Open for the 2019 Worksafe Awards
It's time to recognise our health, safety and return to work champions!
The everyday innovators leading the charge towards a safer way of working, and a safer Victoria.
Victorians with a passion for the health and safety of workers are encouraged to enter this year's WorkSafe Awards. Nominate yourself or your teammates today!
The awards highlight the incredible achievements of businesses and individuals to improve health and safety in the workplace and help those workers who have been injured on the job.
They're also an opportunity for workplaces to share their success stories and show how they are leading the way.
The nine categories for the awards focus on innovative inventions, workplace safety solutions, leadership and initiatives that help injured employees return to work.
The categories for this year's awards are:
- Health and Safety Representative of the Year
- Health and Safety Invention of the Year
- Best Solution to a Specific Workplace Health and Safety Issue
- Best Solution to a Manual Handling Issue
- OHS Leadership/Achievement Award
- Commitment to Workplace Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Leading Return to Work Practice by an Employer
- Return to Work Coordinator Excellence
- Worker Return to Work Achievement Award.
Nominations for the awards are open now and all Victorian-based employers and workers are eligible to enter with winners announced on 31 October as part of WorkSafe Health and Safety Month.
Everyone has a responsibility to keep workplaces safe, with up to 30 people killed on the job in Victoria each year. Already this year eight families are mourning a loved one who didn't come home from work.
Details on how to enter can be found at worksafeawards.com.au
Entries close 31 May 2019