Interns in Industry
Connecting Deakin students with local businesses
Interns in Industry (formerly Whitehorse Tertiary Business Skills Program) provides an opportunity for businesses to connect with and utilise the skills and insights of Deakin University Business School students.
Currently in its 11th year, the program has matched over 200 established and final year undergraduate and postgraduate students with local businesses and various not for profit organisations.
Students will complete between 100-160 hours (14 - 21 days) between July and September 2019 with an allocated business and work on real business problems and projects relevant to their area of study. Businesses are not required to pay students whose participation forms part of the Work Integrated Learning internship unit that Deakin offers to gain a credit point towards their degree.
Businesses and organisations will have access to students across a range of disciplines including:
- Information systems
- Supply chain
- Marketing & event management
- Business analytics
- Real estate & property
- Financial planning
- Banking & finance
- Human Resources and recruitment
Deakin Business School provides a dedicated highly skilled team that will shortlist students through a multi stage application process with businesses getting to meet potential interns and nominate their preference.
Applications closed - 6 May 2019
Program commences - 8 July 2019
Program concludes - 27 September 2019
Placements are limited and subject to student availability. Deakin and Council reserve the right to discount businesses from the program for additional reasons.
- 5 or more employees*
- Must be a registered business
- Meaningful and professional work duties and both organisations derive value from the experience
- Internship to be completed at professional business premises (work from home / residential addresses not acceptable)
- A successful OHS assessment
- Appropriate supervision of the student (this will be case by case – what is the supervisors experience, qualifications etc)
*Exceptions may be made at the discretion of Deakin Business School
For further information, please contact Whitehorse Council's Investment and Economic Development Unit at email@example.com