Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Recovery
We're here to help your business adapt and build resilience through these challenging times. It is our priority to support the recovery of our community and local economy, by providing a range of relief measures for businesses, and support initiatives that stimulate local industry.
In Council's 2020-21 Budget, we committed $465,000 in business grants and support programs, as part of the Community and Business Support Package which provided a total of $2 million funding. Council’s business grants and support programs (listed below) will be rolled out from August 2020.
On this web page, you’ll find the latest information about business support programs and grants from Knox Council, State and Federal Government.
We recommend that you subscribe to our KnoxBiz eBulletin to stay updated.
For community groups and not-for-profit associations, please see Council Grants, or speak to our Community Partnerships team on 9298 8000.
Victoria has moved into the last step of easing of business and community restrictions and the roadmap for reopening.
Every business that is open in Victoria must have a COVIDSafe Plan and follow the six COVIDSafe principles to help prevent future outbreaks and there are specific industry restrictions levels to be aware of.
For specific queries relating to coronavirus (COVID-19) you can call the Business Victoria coronavirus hotline on 13 22 15.
Coronavirus translated information is available online for employees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Businesses can also call 13 22 15 and request a free translator.
If you have any queries, we welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Knox Council Mentoring and Commercial advice
Businesses are facing complex challenges in this pandemic, this includes legal, tax, financial and payroll. If these issues aren’t addressed quickly it can increase the financial and legal impact on your business. This initiative offers free expert advice from industry professionals to help you work through these complicated issues and information quicker, in order to manage the impacts of COVID-19. The advisors can also facilitate one-on-one mentoring sessions to help businesses prepare a tailored plan to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Knox Council Business Support Grants
Applicants are currently being advised of the outcome of their grant applications.
The Business Support Grants offered $335,000 in funding to businesses in 3 streams:
• Manufacturing and Supply Chain Transition
• Creative and Cultural Sector
The grants were aimed at supporting those businesses hardest hit by COVID-19 restrictions to adapt to new operating environments and look forward to new opportunities.
A list of successful grant projects will be listed here once the grants have been finalised.
Federal and State Government Support
The Victorian Government is investing $3 billion to help businesses impacted by ongoing restrictions and prepare for COVID Normal business.
The package includes the following key programs.
- Business Resilience Package
- Commercial tenancy relief scheme
- Payroll Tax relief
- Liquor Licence fees waived
- Land tax deferral
- Working for Victoria Fund
- Fast tracking outstanding supplier Invoices
- Rent relief for tenants in government buildings
- Download: Victorian Government summary of assistance for businesses in response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Economic Survival Package fact sheet provides further information about the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package.
- Grants, programs and training information offered by the Victorian Government can be found at Business Victoria.
The Federal Government has also announced its economic response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The support for business includes:
- JobKeeper payment for sole traders and employers and employees
- Boosting cash flow for employers
- Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses
- Increasing the Instant Asset Write-off
- Backing business investment
- Supporting apprentices and trainees