FREE Infection Control Skill Set Online Courses
Box Hill Institute has developed 3 on-line courses (Skill Set) on behalf of the Victorian Government to directly respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These three Infection Control Skill Sets are free for delivery to customer-facing employed workers. These short courses will help workers ensure their workplaces are safe for themselves and the community, and help to stop the spread of COVID-19.
WHAT ARE THE SKILL SETS?
This initiative relates to the following three Skill Sets:
- HLTSS00067 − Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
- HLTSS00065 − Infection Control Skill Set (Retail)
- HLTSS00066 − Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling).
Each of these skill sets delivers the accredited unit HLTINFCOV001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (Release 1), contextualized to the relevant industry.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE SKILL SETS?
A person can participate if they:
- are currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role
- have not previously completed the individual Skill Set they are seeking to enrol in, or either of the other Infection Control Skill Sets.
You can enrol any customer-facing worker who is eligible to work or volunteer in Australia, irrespective of their citizenship or residency status, with priority given to those working in retail, food handling, and transport and logistics.
WHAT DO PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE FOR COMPLETING A SKILL SET?
Participants will receive a statement of attainment when they have completed a Skill Set.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS FREE TRAINING
Students who participate in a Skill Set must be employed in a customer-facing role and we must be advised of their employment status:
- full-time employee
- part-time employee
- self-employed − not employing others
- self-employed − employing others; or
- employed − unpaid worker in a family business.
Participants are NOT required to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Most other TAFE eligibility criteria also do not apply:
Can a person enrol in more than one Skill Set?
No. A person can only participate in one of the three Skill Sets. If they complete one, they’re not eligible to participate in another.
Can a person apply Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) to a Skill Set?
No. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is not funded under this initiative.
THE SKILL SETS
At the completion of the relevant Skill Set each participant will be able to:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
As applicable to the relevant industry (Transport and Logistics; Retail; Food Handling)
Each of the above elements contain a number of performance criteria.
The Skill Sets will be delivered self-paced on-line with email/phone assistance available from relevant teaching staff.
Assessment will involve completion of quiz questions as part of the on-line delivery of the program plus practical demonstrations at the completion of the training. Each of the performance criteria relating to the content outlined above will be assessed.
Please contact: Peter Murray Executive Manager, Domestic Business Development Box Hill Institute and CAE
email@example.com or 0403 479 449