Knox Design and Development Excellence Awards 2021
Celebrating outstanding design and development that enhances Knox’s built environment.
We’re inviting you to nominate projects that have been completed in the last two years (between 11 January 2019 and 31 December 2020). This is a great opportunity to acknowledge design and development excellence that encompasses innovation, functionality and sustainability. There is no cost to nominate.
Nominations close 28 February 2021.
There are 7 award categories:
- The Knox Award – Awarded to the overall outstanding project from all 2021 winners, as chosen by the judging panel
- Local Living – Projects located in ‘village’ areas; these areas are generally within walking distance to key activity centres in Knox
- Bush Suburb – Projects located in areas that have distinctive and significant biological and landscape values
- Landscape – Projects that enhance the landscape and environmental values of natural areas in Knox
- Knox Neighbourhood – Projects located in residential areas that embodies the Knox character of green and leafy streets
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional – This includes businesses, industries, hospitals and schools
- Activity Areas – Projects located in key activity hubs, where people live, work and play
To find out more about Knox Housing Strategy 2015, click here. Refer to page 19 for the residential policy map.
- 25 January 2021 - Nominations open
- 28 February 2021 - Nominations close
- June 2021 - Winners announced
About the awards
Knox Council founded the biennial Knox Design and Development Excellence Awards in 2019 to celebrate and acknowledge outstanding work in the design and building industry that contributes to better outcomes in our built environment.
These awards are part of Knox Council’s commitment in working with the community and industry to improve design and development outcomes in our municipality.