AMGC Commercialisation Fund
What is it?
The Australian Government’s $30 million Commercialisation Fund will support Australian manufacturers to turn good ideas into world-beating realities that create more local jobs. The fund, which will be administered by the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC) aims to foster later stage commercialisation projects that bring industry and researchers together to commercialise new manufacturing products and processes under Australia’s six National Manufacturing Priorities:
- Medical Products
- Food and Beverage
- Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing
- Recycling and Clean Energy
If your business is commercialising and transitioning new manufacturing products and processes related to one of the above National Manufacturing Priorities, you could be eligible to apply for grant funding under the AMGC Commercialisation Fund.
What is available?
Co-funding grants of between $100,000 and $1 million are available to cover up to 50% of eligible project expenditure. Your eligible project expenditure must be at least $200,000 to be able to apply for the minimum funding amount.
What are the eligibility criteria?
AMGC co-funded grants are intended to support family-owned small-to-medium enterprises with less than 200 full-time employees. However, as projects are assessed on merit, larger organisations are still eligible to apply and may be accepted due to the impact on Australian manufacturing generally.
Main eligibility requirements:
- You must be a trading entity incorporated in Australia, have an ABN and ACN, be registered for GST and be non-tax exempt.
- You must be able to demonstrate that your project aligns with one of the six National Manufacturing Priorities and have a minimum of $200,000 in eligible project expenditure.
- You must be able to clearly identify the level of job creation expected from your project, provide evidence that you can complete the project and meet the costs of your project not covered by grant funding, and provide evidence of how you will fund your share of the project costs.
Projects that include a minimum of three project collaborators, including a university or research institution, will be considered favourably. Project collaborators can include suppliers and customers.
Find out more about Modern Manufacturing Initiative – Manufacturing Translation Stream
Find out more about Modern Manufacturing Integration Stream
Applications will be open for submission until 30 June 2022 or until funding is exhausted.
For further information contact:
Dr. Rita Choueiri
Direct line: +61 3 8823 6840