October is National Safe Work Month
October is National Safe Work Month—a time to commit to building a safe and healthy workplace.
Safe Work Australia asks business owners, workers and employers across Australia to commit to safe and healthy workplaces for all Australians. Being healthy and safe means being free from physical and psychological harm. No job should be unsafe and no death or injury is acceptable. A safe and healthy workplace benefits everyone.
The theme for National Safe Work Month this year is think safe. work safe. be safe.
Get involved National Safe Work Month
National Safe Work Month gives you an opportunity to think about how to promote work health and safety in your business and what you can do to ensure all of your employees are safe and healthy at work.
This year’s National Safe Work Month campaign highlights a range of work health and safety topics, including:
- occupational lung disease
- sexual harassment
- mental health
- working in extreme weather.
Here are some things you can do in your business this month to support National Safe Work Month:
- Raise awareness about important work health and safety issues.
- Understand and investigate potential work health and safety issues in your business.
- Implement work health and safety in your workplace by thinking safe, working safe and being safe.
- Customise and share the National Safe Work Month resources from the campaign kit in your business.
- Follow Safe Work Australia on social media to keep up to date on new campaign materials and use the hashtags #safeworkmonth and #ThinkWorkBeSafe when promoting National Safe Work Month on social media.