Introduction to Chinese Business Culture
11 Feb 2020 5:30pm
Is your business located in Knox? Are you fascinated with the business opportunities that China can present but don’t know where to start? Knox City Council, in partnership with the Victorian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, is offering a taster for local businesses seeking to commence working with Chinese partners or looking at exports to bridge the cultural gap that exists.
- Gain knowledge and appreciation of Chinese culture and changing values
- Understand Chinese business culture and common business practice
- Develop skills on Chinese business communication, negotiation and etiquette
- Further insight into forthcoming VCCI trade missions with its Chinese partners to Jiangsu province
- China Overview, market outlook and opportunities
- Challenges of doing business in China
- Understand Chinese Culture and behaviour
- High-Context, High Power Distance and Collectivisms
- Confucianism and influence
- Five pillars of Chinese culture
- Yin-Yang: The paradoxical approach to understanding China’s changing culture
About the Presenter
Eddie Zhao is the International Business Development Manager of the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Eddie brings more than 20 years of international trade expertise to Chamber members, customers and clients. Eddie’s networks in China built over the years include governments and chambers of commerce in all key regions. Eddie also facilitates inward and outbound investments activities for his Chinese and Australian clients, matching investors with appropriate projects and is welcoming businesses to a trade mission to be held in China’s Jiangsu province in May 2020.
Date: Tuesday, 11 February 2020
Time: 5.30pm - 7.30pm
Venue: Knox City Council, Rooms 1&2, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South
Cost: FREE (strictly Knox businesses only)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Lou Zarro on 9298 8000.
Register via the orange 'Add to cart' button at the bottom of this page.
Knox City Council